Our mission is to ensure high levels of achievement for all students as determined by state and national standards. We commit to a comprehensive system of support to assure this outcome.
Academic Expectations: Students will
- write effectively in a variety of forms, for different purposes, and to diverse audiences.
- read with fluency and understanding and develop an independent reading habit.
- demonstrate a facility with numbers, perform mathematical calculations accurately and apply mathematical operations effectively in a variety of situations.
- use technology effectively as a tool for accessing, organizing, analyzing and presenting information.
- formulate questions based on needs, interests and information and test hypotheses using appropriate research and data analysis.
- apply speaking and listening skills as a means of gathering information and communicating with others.
- compare and contrast cultures of the world with respect to art, music, language, history and other salient characteristics.
- reflect on their own work and understanding, identify strengths and weaknesses, and consider feedback from others.
- apply appropriate models and unifying principles to solve problems in a variety of contexts.
- monitor personal health and develop habits that lead to better health and fitness.
Social Expectations: Students will
- empathize with other people and view events and decisions from multiple perspectives.
- collaborate effectively with self-directed teams of students.
- act in a respectful manner toward all members of the school community.
- speak with honesty and act with integrity.
- demonstrate initiative and motivation for learning.
- demonstrate responsibility for academic achievement and personal growth.
Civic Expectations: Students will
- understand the rights and responsibilities of United States citizens.
- participate in community service.